Posting Date: March 13, 2018
Where it’s located: Church of Living Water, 1615 Chambers Street SE Olympia WA, 98501
Work Hours: Sunday-Thursday with variable hours depending on needs. Positions: PT – FT.
Ready to use your God-given abilities to grow the Kingdom? Do you love to keep things working, organized and moving forward? Then we just may need your talents at Living Water! Apply today.
Description: Living Water in Olympia, WA is seeking a talented and experienced Finance & HR member to join our team.
The Finance & HR member will work closely with LW’s Associate Pastor to manage and support all financial needs of the staff and church. This person will assist in implementing effective strategies and support that aligns with the values, mission and needs of LW.
Required Skills and Experiences:
At least 5 years of experience in accounting/bookkeeping
Proficient in Quickbooks financial software and general accounting practices
Experience in payroll and IRS reporting requirements
Proficient in Microsoft Excel
Ability to quickly learn internet based management software and new technologies
Possess the ability to reason and make decisions
Demonstrate initiative in completing assigned tasks and responsibilities
Must have strong communication skills and maintain strict confidentiality
Strong multi-tasking and organizational skills along with problem solving
HR and benefit management expertise
- High School Graduate
- College or Technical education preferred
Who We Are:
Living Water is a thriving church located in Olympia, Washington with an average weekend service attendance of 2,000 people. Living Water was established over 80 years ago and has a rich history of making an impact in the lives of people throughout Olympia and Thurston County.
Our church is passionate about making disciples who make disciples.
- WE MAKE SPACE – to encounter and respond to the Holy Spirit.
- WE VALUE FAMILY – so that marriages and children flourish.
- WE SERVE THE BIG C CHURCH – to exponentially advance the mission of God.
- WE LIVE WHOLE-HEARTEDLY – so the life and light of Jesus impacts every part of us.
- WE HONOR THE INDIVIDUAL – to empower each member of the body of Christ.
Extra Credit For:
- Great people skills
- Ability to communicate in small and large groups
- Ability to problem solve under pressure
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to adapt and change plans suddenly
- Comfortable working on multiple projects at once
- Ability to handle constant interruptions in daily workflow
- Strong desire to be a part of a team
- An incredible work environment
- Joining a highly motivated and passionate team
- Flexible work schedules
- Great career and spiritual development opportunities