On October 31, rather then going out, stay home and Leave Your Light On! We want to help you welcome your neighbors with something special on October 31st. You can make your
event simple, or go all out! Being yourself and loving your neighbors will have an amazing impact on your neighborhood.
Here are some ideas and what you can expect when you throw a fun Leave Your Light On party.
- Open up your garage door so people can get out of the cold and rain. If you don’t have a garage, you can use your front porch.
- Set up lawn chairs and invite people to stay and talk.
- Set up a small table with your crockpot to serve cocoa, coffee or cider.
- Put candy in a basket and be generous with the amount of candy you give out. Kids always remember who gave out the best candy!
- Add natural elements to create a harvest theme. Try corn stalks, pumpkins, and buckets of leaves.
- Put out a yard sign or poster, and fill in the time you will be around to greet your guests.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
- The sweet smell of hot cocoa wafting through your home
- A bowl of candy full at the beginning of the night to be empty by the end of the night
- A slightly higher electric bill than the other days in October
- GREAT CONVERSATIONS WITH YOUR NEIGHBORS